So the holidays have a us a little behind. We’re switching things up and coming in with a TUESDAY Myth Debunker. We promise it’ll be a good one 😇
Double-tap if you’ve ever gotten a cmail notification only to be let down by another pesky self tape extension notice.
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥.
This was the audition you felt you nailed.
CLEARLY they must have extended the deadline because no one did it for them.
Most likely… 𝗪𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚.
There are so many reasons why casting might extend a self tape deadline and it had nothing to do with your line fumble.
Here are a few reasons we might extend the deadline that have absolutely nothing to do with you:
1. We didn’t get as many tapes as we had hoped and just want to give more people a chance to tape.
2. We decided to push our pitch to the creative team in hopes of including a few more choices.
3. We’re waiting on a few certain people to tape who were specifically requested by execs.
4. A few people needed an extension so we had to open the Ecocast back up for them (creating a notification for all).
5. The self tape request came close to a holiday and we decided to extend it to give people a little more time.
None of this means you are 𝘯𝘰𝘵 being included in the selection we are including to our creative team.
And most importantly, 𝙣𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜.
It’s just an extension. And most likely, some people needed more time and we haven’t pitched yet so we gave it to them.
If you feel you did good work, chances are, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘥.
Trust that, trust us, and trust the process.
#themoreyouknow #tuesdaymythdebunker #mondaymythdebunker #thecastingdirectorscut #actorlife